Commercial General Liability Insurance

Does your organization rent or own office space? Does your organization conduct activities such as meetings, fundraising, etc...? If so, you will want to protect your organization from financial loss related to commercial general liability.

What is Commercial General Liability Insurance and do I need it?

Commercial General Liability insurance (CGL) provides coverage to protect against claims arising from injury or property damage that you (or your organization) may cause to another person as a result of your operations and/or premises. For example, a visitor to your organization may slip and fall on a wet floor and injure themselves or a volunteer may accidentally cause property damage when working off-site.

Volunteer Canada highly recommends that all member organizations consider carrying Commercial General Liability Insurance.

Coverage Brochure for Commercial General Liability Insurance